1. What is City Food Share's mission?
City Food Share is dedicated to eradicating food poverty and creating a hunger-free community. Our mission is to ensure that everyone has access to nutritious food, regardless of their circumstances.
2. How can I get involved with City Food Share?
There are several ways to get involved with us. You can donate, volunteer, participate in our campaigns, or collaborate with us.
3. What is the Love Food Share Food campaign?
Love Food Share Food is our flagship campaign that encourages restaurants to add a small donation to diners' bills, which goes towards supporting those facing food poverty. It's a simple and effective way to make a difference.
4. Can I donate surplus food to City Food Share?
No, however, we do encourage businesses and individuals to reach out to us if they have surplus food as we work with organisations like Fareshare Sussex & Surrey and Brighton Food Bank who redistribute food to those who need it most.
5. How can my restaurant become a part of the Love Food Share Food campaign?
To join our campaign, restaurants can add optional £1 donations to diners' bills, display QR codes, or create "invisible menu items" where a portion of sales goes to our cause. Visit the Love Food Share Food page for more information.
6. How can I support City Food Share on a regular basis?
You can become a regular donor by visiting our donation page and choosing to contribute monthly or annually. Your consistent support helps us plan for the future and make a long-term impact.
7. Is City Food Share a registered charity?
No, we are a registered Community Interest Company (CIC) in the UK, committed to serving our community and addressing food poverty.
8. How can I stay updated with City Food Share's activities?
You can subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on social media to receive regular updates on our campaigns, events, and initiatives.
9. How are donations utilised by City Food Share?
Donations are used to support our campaigns, cover operational costs, and ensure that as much assistance as possible reaches those in need. We maintain transparency in our financials.